Check out the following resources for faculty and staff. Can't find what you're looking for? Send your questions to the Academic Advising Subcommittee (AAS), the listserv for the Professional Academic Advisor Group (PAAG), or The Advising & Transfer Center.
FACULTY & STAFF RESOURCES
- CAS Standards for Academic Advising Programs from the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education
- CSU GI 2025 Briefing Document - Focus on Advising from the CSU's Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Recovery with Equity: A Roadmap for Higher Education After the Pandemic from the California Governor's Council for Post-Seconday Education
- Advising ReDesign Overview from SSU's 2018 Advising Task Force
- CSU Advising Survey Analysis and Recommendations from the CSU's 2020 Campus Advising Survey
- Adventures in Advising Podcast from NACADA
- The ABCs of advising are listen, respect, care from Inside Higher Ed
- How career and technical education shuts out Black and Latino students from high-paying professions from The Hechinger Report
- Advising Can Boost Student Success: A Holistic Approach Places Advising at the Center of the Student Experience from NASPA Journal
- 4 Ways Academic Advisors are Helping Students Succeed Online from Calstate.edu
- Is virtual advising here to stay? from EAB.com
FACULTY & STAFF UPDATES
- April 15, 2021: Mapping of GE Area F for students who entered SSU prior to Fall 2021. Starting with courses in Fall 2021, and including future terms, students on a GE pattern from AYs 2018-19, 2019-20, or 2020-21 and who take an LDGE Area F course, will have it automatically mapped to the courses' original LDGE Area, while students on the FTFY GE pattern for the 2021-22 AY will have it automatically mapped to LDGE Area F. If students on the FTFY GE pattern for the 2021-22 AY have already completed LDGE Area F and take a second LDGE Area F course, it will automatically map to the courses' original LDGE Area.
- AMCS 260 and NAMS 205 will either map to LDGE Area F or to LDGE Area C1 + ES/CRS
- AMCS 225, CALS 220, and NAMS 165 will either map to LDGE Area F or to LDGE Area C2 + ES/CRS
- AMCS 210, CALS 219, and NAMS 200 will either map to LDGE Area F or to LDGE Area D + ES/CRS
- April 11, 2021: GE changes for FTFT who entered SSU during 2018-19 AY. Starting with courses in Spring 2021, and including future terms, students on the FTFY GE pattern for the 2018-19 AY may now use any lower or upper-division GE Area D course to meet the 12 total units in Area D. Students no long need one course in each of the five GE sub-areas of D1-D5. The ARRs for these students have been updated.
- November 2, 2020: GE changes FTFT who entered SSU prior to Fall 2019. Starting with courses in Spring 2021, and including future terms, students on a FTFY GE pattern for AYs prior to Fall 2019 may now utilize any lower or upper-division GE Area D course to satisfy their GE sub-areas of D1-D5. Students will still need to complete the U.S. Constitution, and California State & Local Government requirements with courses or their equivalents approved in these areas. Additionally, students may utilize any lower or upper-division GE Area C course to satisfy their GE sub-area C3 requirement. The ARRs for these students have been updated.