Check out the following resources for faculty and staff. Can't find what you're looking for? Send your questions to the Academic Advising Subcommittee (AAS), the listserv for the Professional Academic Advisor Group (PAAG), or The Advising & Transfer Center.
FACULTY & STAFF RESOURCES
- CAS Standards for Academic Advising Programs from the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education
- CSU GI 2025 Briefing Document - Focus on Advising from the CSU's Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Recovery with Equity: A Roadmap for Higher Education After the Pandemic from the California Governor's Council for Post-Seconday Education
- Advising ReDesign Overview from SSU's 2018 Advising Task Force
- CSU Advising Survey Analysis and Recommendations from the CSU's 2020 Campus Advising Survey
- Adventures in Advising Podcast from NACADA
- The ABCs of advising are listen, respect, care from Inside Higher Ed
- How career and technical education shuts out Black and Latino students from high-paying professions from The Hechinger Report
- Advising Can Boost Student Success: A Holistic Approach Places Advising at the Center of the Student Experience from NASPA Journal
- 4 Ways Academic Advisors are Helping Students Succeed Online from Calstate.edu
- Is virtual advising here to stay? from EAB.com
FACULTY & STAFF UPDATES
- GE changes for Spring 2021 for first-time, first-year students who entered SSU prior to Fall 2019. Students may now utilize any lower or upper-division GE area D course to satisfy their GE sub-area D1-D5 requirements. Students will still need to complete the U.S. Constitution, and California State & Local Government requirements with courses or their equivalents approved in these areas. Additionally, students may utilize any lower or upper-division GE area C course to satisfy their GE sub-area C3 requirement. Questions? Contact your Professional Advisor or Faculty Advisor.